This report allows you to track the estimated daily number of sales for up to 50 Etsy shops of your choice.
Get real-time updates and insight into how your shop compares to others. View your competitors’ daily, weekly, and total number of sales.* At a glance you can see if your competitors’ sales are increasing or falling compared to yours. This report is helpful when you’re experiencing a drop in sales. See at a glance whether it’s due to an overall downturn, or indicates that it’s your listings or shop that need work. Also use this report to monitor whether a shop is as popular as it once was and still worth tracking. And if you track several shops that focus on one niche or trend, this report can serve as an early warning that trend might have passed its peak.
* Note that Etsy makes a distinction between sales and orders. An order may be for one item, 100, or 1000: all would count as one order. Example: in 1 order, a customer buys a quantity of 2 items from Listing A, plus 1 item from Listing B. While you’ve actually sold 3 items, Etsy counts it as 1 order / 2 sales.
How to Use
Find this report on the Main Menu under Competition > Your Competition > Sales. On the Competition Sales page just under the blue banner, you’ll see the Available Options tabs. Here, you can further customize the shops you are tracking, and switch between the various competitor-analysis tools.
To get started, click in the “Enter shop name here” text box and type in the name of any active Etsy shop you want to track. eRank will add that shop to your list. Next, eRank will automatically add your shop name to your tracked competitors list which you’ll see highlighted in blue.
Once a shop is added, you will see its name; daily-sales totals for each of the past seven days; total sales for the week; and its all-time total sales. This report also shows the number of active listings each shop has, along with that shop’s age. Note that Shop Age is calculated by the date the shop was first created on Etsy, including any time before it went “live” on Etsy.
Note: If you encounter hyphens (“-“) in place of daily sales data for a shop, this is because, due to technical limitations, we cannot show historical sales data for shops we have not already been tracking. Once you begin tracking that shop, you will start seeing its sales data.
To change the sort, or to sort by any column, you can click on its column heading or toggle the little grey caret next to its heading. Use the export buttons to copy, print or export data. If you want to delete a shop from the list, just click on the “X” icon next to the shop name.
You can add a 20-character note about any shop by clicking on the edit icon (it looks like a little pencil). This is a handy way to group and distinguish between shops, or to serve as a reminder of which of their product lines interests you.
Tip: Clicking on a shop name will open a new browser tab with a Top Sellers report where you can view in-depth statistics about that shop.
- Green exclamation points: If you see a green exclamation point beside a shop name, it means that shop is on vacation.
- Negative numbers: Returns and cancellations will reduce the total number of sales for a shop on the day they are processed by Etsy. This will reduce the number of sales for that day and as a result, you may occasionally see “-1”, “-2” or similar.
- Updates: Data in this report is updated in near real-time, typically within a few seconds of a purchase being made.
- Time zone: All sales numbers are based on the EST/New York time zone.
- Limits: You can track up to 50 competitors. Shops of your own that you have connected to eRank will not be included in this limit.
Who Can Use This?
This feature is available to eRank paying members only.